Saturday, January 01, 2005

That new car smell...

It's about time really. Yesterday (that's right, on NYE) I decided to trade in my piece of shit car for an SUV. It's so nice to know that you can walk out to your car and just know it's going to start today. It's like gambling really. Only now the odds are in your favor. You turn the key and feel like you've just beat the house when your car cranks right up. It's like a shot of adrenaline and you just want to go drive somewhere! ANYWHERE! Then it rains on your shiny new car and you get all pissed off because you're trying to keep it clean. You curse Mother Nature and as soon as it stops raining you gather up your quarters for the car wash. All guys do it. It's just second nature to us. And don't even get me started on trying to peel off window stickers and those STUPID dealership stickers that every car dealer puts on your back bumper or tailgate in a cheap attempt to get some free advertising. Uh-uh. Not on my ride, thank you. I know half of you are thinking, man, I have one of those on the back of my car. It's always that or a cheap "complimentary" license plate frame with, convienently, the dealers name on it! I give it about a week until one of my friends spills some kind of food in it and I end up banning them from riding with me. I can see it now... "well I was going for that new car smell but Starbucks eminating from the upholstry just sets the mood doesn't it?"