Sunday, June 04, 2006

Send Del, he's single...

I'll give you three guesses where my next trip is going.

I'm told that I need to hurry up and qualify for solo parachute jumps because they don't even have an airport there. Then, like a Navy Seal, I have to find my objective, do my business, and navigate my way to the closest civilized point where I will be extracted via some guy on a donkey named Gus.

What lottery did I when to get this lucky opportunity you may ask? Well, that answer my friends, is in the title of this post.

I was at a recent conference here in DE (in fact Mike has a good post on it here) and I was talking to a client about workload and travel. The conversation continued by him saying something along the lines of "take advantage of it now, before you have a family and kids, because you can't once that happens." Then we went on to joke about how that'll never happen because I have to pencil in any dates like three months in advance.

Go out? Sure, I've got July 24th of '07 open. *Click* Hello?

I told him (jokingly) that it's not funny when it's true.

All kidding aside, I do think about it. Am I wasting my wonder years? I'm completely frightened that I'll look back years from now and shake my head in shame that I didn't just stop and take the time. One of my biggest fears is regret. This is being reinforced by the fact that I'm starring down the big 3-0. (352 days, 7 hours, and 49 minutes - not that I'm counting)

I shouldn't let it bother me so much. In reality, I'll probably get eaten by a moose with rabies trekking through Montana anyway.