Tuesday, January 04, 2005

And everyone knows it's Wendy...

Much to my surprise, this morning at work I got a call from a good friend of mine that I had not seen or heard from in about 4 years. My friend Wendy had called to chat and see what's been up. Now Wendy is someone I met in college. She was our neighbor for a few years and as soon as she realized how cool I was, she instantly wanted to be my friend. So she graduated a few years ahead of me and landed this really cool job in one of those "Top Secret Government Agencies." She got to travel all over the world right out of college and do cool things. I was totally jealous, but I'm happy for her success. Last I knew, she was in the middle east sniffing around for "someone" or "something".

So this morning she calls and tells me that she's now living in Florida, ON THE BEACH. She not only now has a really cool job, she lives right on the damn beach and just finished up her SECOND masters degree! Hmm... maybe I should have asked her if she's looking to adopt? When it comes down to it, I am really happy and proud of her for working so hard to achieve what she already has. That's not going to stop me from being envious though. Did I mention that she's the one that got me turned on to photography? Yep, I learned everything I know from her. She sent me a pic of the view from her back yard...




Yup. Exactly. I was so awestruck that I asked her for the full size version so I could set it as my wallpaper. You know, I used to ask myself why people lived on the beach in FL and put up with all the hurricanes and what not. I'm beginning to see the light...