Monday, January 10, 2005

Because we care...

So I come home tonight to find a special piece of mail waiting in my mailbox. It's what's left of one of my Netflix orders. No... strike that, it's a nice little inviting white envelope with the USPS logo on the front and a BIG see through window so you can view the horror that your package went through as it made it's last journey from the warehouse to your hands. It's like watching a war movie and seeing that moment when the hero gets shot, and he's going to die. The postal carnage was almost too much for me to take. I felt like yelling "MEDIC!"

So I flipped the nice clean white envelope over to open it and what do I see? Two big words in bold print that read like a letter from the battlefield sent home to the family of a fallen solder. Those words: WE CARE.

Obviously not enough. Because if you really cared, you could have at least lied to me and told me that the postal carrier had no plans for this evening and didn't feel like going to Blockbuster so he jacked my movie. LIE TO ME POSTMASTER!

Oh the humanity...


That would be the top cover of my Netflix envelope.
We care, my ass.