Tuesday, January 18, 2005

HO-LEE-CRAP...

I just finished watching Open Water. Remember how I have this affection with diving, aquariums, and marine life in general? Yeah, ah, screw all that.

I've been wanting to see this movie for a while now, just because it had an "oceanic" theme. Jaws, Deep Blue Sea, 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, you name it, I'm drawn to it. This movie scared the b-Jesus out of me. Fish fan or not, you can't help but be drawn into the primal fear that surfaces from being stranded in the middle of the ocean.

What's more impressive to me, is that this is an independent film, with a cast of unknowns. It makes for incredible realism and the two leads are very believable as a real couple.

The real scary part to me is that this movie is based on a true story. And even worse at that, is the fact that this sort of thing is not uncommon.

In all honesty, this will not curve my love of the water (much). I will still feed my fish...(with my eyes closed)