Sunday, January 23, 2005

Remembering Johnny...

It is with great sadness that I feel I must step aside from the snowy football filled weekend to remember one of the greatest entertainers of our time. Johnny Carson passed away this weekend. I can remember watching him at night with my parents when I was young, and remember thinking that it would never be the same when this "new" Leno character took over. My stepfather was a big Carson fan. In fact, one year I bought him the Best of the Tonight Show for Christmas. He was an American icon of entertainment.

When someone that was part of your childhood is lost, you can't help but feel like a small piece of you has died with them. You feel like the world has lost a person that tried to make made it a better place to live. Or at the very least, a funnier one.



(Thanks to Tink for correcting me)