Monday, March 14, 2005

Blast from the past...

In my overwhelming quest to keep myself occupied I was flipping through channels this morning and found one of my all-time favorite shows. A show that I used to watch religiously as a child.

I had no idea this show was even on anymore! It seriously made my day. (I'm easily amused) Of course it's cheesy. Of course it stars German singing sensation David Hasselhoff. But I was a young, impressionable, only child and I had a wild imagination. And let us not forget KITT. I found myself riding along in my mother's Subaru praying that it would just all of a sudden speak up and talk to me. I'd start pushing buttons on the heat and A/C and she'd yell at me. "Stop it. What are you doing?" My favorite part was when he'd back out of the truck and spin around. Did you know that there are tons of fans out there that have built KITT cars themselves? They actually sell "kits" to build "KITT"!

Isn't it fun to have something thrust you back into your childhood? It's like taking a drive past the old house you grew up in. Past the tree in the front yard you used to climb. (It looked a lot bigger back then) It reminds me of a simpler time. Wasn't it nice not to have anything to worry about? No bills. No work. Just being a kid all day long.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go watch some 80's movie...