Monday, March 07, 2005

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood...

Today was absolutely perfect. I'd have to say that all the crap I've put up with lately has really been taking it's toll. Then the next thing you know, a day like this comes along and wipes it all away. For once (and I'm only going to say this once) it's nice not to have to be at work.

So I spent the day taking short road trips to the nearby Silver Lake park and Bower's Beach where I sat and just enjoyed people watching, as do many others there. It's been a long time since I've taken time out to people watch. It's something I used to do nearly everyday in college and I didn't realize how much I've missed it.

Naturally, I carried my camera with me. I wasn't really in a mood for picture taking though. At least not as much as I normally am. For once I wasn't concerned with capturing the moment as much as I was with living in it.

Some things you just have to go with the flow on. So I sat there and watched. Oh, alright, so I took SOME pictures... Geesh... I hope you like birds, it was really the only thing that came out decent.