Saturday, April 09, 2005

American Idiot(s)

I really love it when the weather is nice. I also really hate it. Because, never fail, the drunken men on roids or narcotic stimulants, or m.o.r.o.n.s. for short, like to stumble about in the public courtyard here where I live.

They yell, wrestle, throw things, and check each other for fleas once in a while. Every so often, something shiny catches their eye and they all just stop and stare:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
"Ah, Duuuuuuuuhhhh."

No matter where they go, I have yet to pass them without a beer in their hand. And I blame their parents for not teaching them what an "inside voice" is. Of course, I'm sure "Coach" tells them to yell during football practice or something.

What strikes me the most is that it's funny how I'm intolerant of the exact same thing I used to be. I think that's part of the thing I hate about this whole situation. I look at them and I realize how stupid I acted back in college. What an ass I made of myself. I realize that now. Maybe it's part of growing up. Maturing. I can't even tell you when it was I made the transition from drunken moron to adult, but I'm sure glad I did.

All I know is that it's driving me crazy living in this complex with college students who act a fool each weekend. And it's the motivating factor behind my quest to become a homeowner.

It's all good though, because I'm sure the water buffalo upstairs thinks it's me making all the noise. (Note to self: get water buffalo hunting permit.)