Saturday, August 13, 2005

And one last thing...

Before I go, I'd like to draw attention to a music video from, what is in my opinion, one of the best albums of the year, Green Day's American Idiot.

Their newest video, Wake me up when September ends, is very graphic and emotional. The first time I saw it, I thought it was going to be one of those sappy chick videos, given the way it starts out. But as it progresses, the story unfolds and takes a twist in the middle.

I'm not certain what Green Day's stance on the War in Iraq is, and frankly I really don't care. But for me, this video portrays, in 3 minutes, the same level of emotion that feature films like Black Hawk Down and Saving Private Ryan did in over 2 hours. It reminds me what our men and women in uniform are doing over there EVERY DAY and that the shit I complain about (see post below) really isn't that bad compared to the hell that these people face day in and day out.

Stay safe and thank you.

Del out.