Monday, June 27, 2005

Only because I'm such a nice guy...

Janet, over at The Art of Getting By has taken it upon herself to "tag" me. (Everyone all together now: "Thanks Janet")

I suppose I should feel honored for getting "tagged". It's nice to know what a high priority I am on her list-o'- people that watch movies. Either that or she reached the bottom of her list and I was all that was left. Kind of like that kid in gym class that gets picked last.

So, to show how much of a team player I am, here we go...


Total Number of Films I Own:

Dictionary.com defines "Own" as:



To have or possess as property.
To have control over.



So going with that, I'm looking at 228 movies. That being said. The number I've actually purchased is significantly less. Let's just say I may be a member of an Internet DVD rental club and may have access to a DVD burner. You may do the math...


The Last Film I Bought:


Like Janet, I too have a technicality here. The last film I bought was a gift for my mother on Mother's Day. I got her the Phantom of the Opera DVD as part of her gift. As for the last film I bought for myself, it was The Village.


The Last Film I Watched:


The last film I watched was Lost in Translation. I thought Sofia Coppola did an excellent job directing this. I felt connected to the characters in the movie right off the bat and that's what captured my interest for the rest of the film. I was a little let down by the ending, but I think it's good that not every film these days has a happy ending.



Five favorite films I either watch frequently or that mean a lot to me:

In no particular order:

The Goonies flat out kicks ass. Enough said.

Saving Private Ryan means a lot to me because it was very well made (unlike Bruckheimer/Bay explosion films) and is something that reminds me of my grandfather every time I watch it.

Braveheart is my #1 favorite film of all time. I love the story, the setting, the acting, the action, scenery, the score, just everything about it. Bravo Mel Gibson.

The Back to the Future Trilogy. I'm not quite sure what it is, but whenever any of these movies are on TV I find myself habitually watching them. It's a sickness really.

And last but not least, Ghostbusters 2. Huh? Yes, you heard me right Ghostbusters 2. Allow me to explain. This movie reminds me of my college days. You see, I had a roommate that could perfectly mimic Peter McNicol. You know, the nerdy art museum director;


And what was his most famous line from that movie? "IT'S VIGO!" So after we found out that my roommate sounded just like him, I printed a picture of Vigo out and hung it on the wall in the den of our apartment like so:


And every time the phone or doorbell would ring, he'd yell "IT'S VIGO!"

I guess you had to be there. Shut up, or I'll tag you next!