Tuesday, March 01, 2005

The Think-Tank Redemption

You all remember this.


Well with my new found freedom, (and this full week with nothing to do) my old nemesis called out to me; solve me... solve me...

Like an alcoholic jumping off the wagon and reaching for the bottle, I embraced the cube with both hands. Feverishly I worked it from all angles. Chipping away at the mystic icon, bit by tiny bit. My palms sweating, twisting and turning the tiles. Green, red, yellow, orange, blue, and white. It was a battle against, well, a toy, but IT WAS ABOUT PRINCIPLE! I had vowed once before to return the sacred 80's icon to the glory that is once was. To return the glory that the devil stole from it. From me.

When the dust settled, and the smoke cleared, both man and icon were changed. Both for the better. The man had once again achieved a level of accomplishment that he had so sorely missed. And the icon has regained its honor as a masterpiece of 80's pop culture in its completed form.

Ladies and Gentlemen, the Cube is back...