Friday, April 15, 2005

Show'em what they've won...

While visiting my parents recently, the one snowy TV channel they got (sometimes) was ABC. They clued me in that their favorite show on TV nowadays is Extreme Makeover Home Edition. I started watching it here and there and I have to admit I'm a skeptic.

The saying goes "if something's too good to be true, it probably is." This show, to me, is a beacon of light. This team of do-gooders are just too good. If there was a battle between good and evil, this team from ABC would be like God's SWAT Team.

So anyway, every episode I watch is like the feel good show of the year. And I can't help but think to myself; no body gets all that for nothing.

It turns out, I was right. Kind of.

"Some reality television winners apparently got a brutal reality check this tax season.
Daily Variety reported Friday that families featured on the ABC
hit show "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition" and Fox's "Renovate My Family" not only are getting their dream homes, but also nightmare tax bills.
One Illinois husband and wife, according to the entertainment industry publication, discovered it owes $529,000 in taxes after Fox-hired contractors tore down their old house and built a new one with special accommodations for their paralyzed son. The renovation aired on Fox this past summer."



Nothing in life is free people...