Monday, April 18, 2005

While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a tapping...

As of some one gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door.

"Tis some visitor," I muttered, "tapping at my chamber door -

Only this, and nothing more." - Edgar Allan Poe



The past few days have been a little strange. I seem to have stumbled upon a gaggle of impatient knockers. (oh, that didn't sound right at all)

It all began a few days ago. An impatient little blonde girl knocked on my door trying to sell me magazines. But I only know that because I looked out of the peep hole in my door before I opened it. By the time I had walked from my desk, into the den, and to the door she had given up and moved on to the door across the hall. She couldn't have waited more than 5 seconds. My place isn't that big. And there was no way I was going to open the door and invite her to sell me subscriptions.

Then later in the day I was just getting out of the shower, drying off, when I heard another knock on the door. I threw some shorts on and a t-shirt and jogged to the door again. This time it was the FedEx guy. I had been expecting a package from work. But instead, he slapped a "sorry we missed you" door hanger on me and ran like the wind. By the time I got to the corner of the building he was in the truck and halfway down the damn driveway!

Next was the sorostitue neighbor of mine. Around 6pm, I'm still reading those documents for work, and there's another know on my door. I get up, go to the door, look out only to see her going back into her apartment and closing the door. What the hell!?

So just now, I was Blog surfing, catching up on the usual reads and ANOTHER knock at my door. I get up once again, head to the door, look out the peeper, and see to females walking away out into the courtyard darkness. I walked over to my window and watch them, a blonde and brunette, cross the courtyard and go through the buildings and walk across the parking lot disappearing into the night...nevermore...lol.

What is going on here? Did someone put up a billboard with me on it in town somewhere? I mean, then at least, I could see why women would flock to my door, but come on.