Saturday, June 18, 2005

When it doubt, whip it out...

So being the proud new owner of a Jeep that I am...



Image hosted by Photobucket.com

... I got to learn all about "The Jeep Wave".

Apparently there's an unwritten rule that when one Jeep owner passes another, you're supposed to acknowledge them by waving.

This is an entirely new concept for me because rather than hunt for other "Jeepers", as we're called, I usually like to PAY ATTENTION to the road and my surroundings. Plus I normally don't just wave to strange people because of the make of their vehicle.

However, in the two days I've been a Jeeper, I've been waved to about 5-6 times- that I noticed. What a nice little community.

So this fascinated me and I wanted to learn more about the "rules" and what not and found a gazillon sites. In my surfing, I came across the Delaware Jeep Association. I thought to myself, now THIS looks fun!

Think of all the 4-wheeling I could do! Legally!

Talk about bang for your buck! I purchased a Jeep and I received an entire community absolutely free! Yay, I bought friends! Lol.

(Oh, they gave me a hat too.)

I love driving this thing. It's the perfect combination of power, handling, comfort, capability, and styling for my tastes. Plus it answers the question I always ask myself when traveling; can I make it another exit with the fuel I have left? Just one more exit? Now I know:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I'm beginning to understand the saying:

"It's a Jeep thing, you wouldn't understand."