Saturday, February 19, 2005

Ch, ch, ch, changes...

First and foremost, I want to take a second and thank all who of you who have offered words of encouragement and support throughout all this crap. And that is exactly what it is too, is crap.

The gaggle of us that I will, from here on out, refer to as the excommunicates, or "X's" for short, have been meeting to discuss the options. What the State has done is not right, and most likely on several accounts not legal. So it all boils down to this: fight or walkaway.

The majority of the X's are going to fight and I will stand behind them 100% offering support and opinion wherever I can. However, I will not be joining the fight in the legal sense. It's not that I don't feel completely wronged by what they did, it's simply in my best professional interest to walk away. To put this behind me and move forward. I'm not yet vested with the State and any litigation process could take months and create an enormous financial burden.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that "The Delawarean" may soon cease to exist as you know him. What will he reemerge as? Only time will tell.

What has a catchy name? The Californian? The Pennsylvanian? The New Yorker?

Hmm.. Personally I'm leading toward "The Jamaican", but then again, aren't we all...