Monday, February 07, 2005

I love it when a plan comes together...

Today I received a most welcome phone call at work. It was our Human Resources section calling to ask me if I was still interested in the position I had applied for internally with my current employer. I had to stop and think, oh yeah, LAST AUGUST you mean?! Following my golden rule of never turning down an interview I promptly said yes. So next Wednesday I have an interview (and a VERY GOOD chance) of being offered a job that is currently 4 paygrades above mine. And I'd just move into a different wing of the building. Go me.

*Breaks out the office dance again*

Of course this is all falling into my master plan of having two very good offers on the table before me. As much as I'd love to take this internal job and not have to leave, the other offer that I'm still negotiating is even better. BETTA!

*Office dance encore*

I've worked very hard to prove myself and I can't even begin to express how grateful I am for even one opportunity, let alone two to begin to build my life the way I've always imagined it.

*Office dance remix*

I just hope I don't choke like those Eagles!