Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Lost for words...

SONOFABITCH!!!


Tonight was the network television's equivalent of "Just Bring It". The big four networks sit down for a winner takes all poker game of ratings with each wearing their best poker faces.

NBC decided not to play and folded early by airing that same old Law & Order crap that's been airing since I was like 12. How many spinoffs are we at now?

CBS decided to bluff with a weak hand and pit a made for TV movie about Amber Frey up against the rock solid hands dealt to Fox and ABC.

Fox's smash hit American Idol spared no expense, packing in 2 solid hours of cheap celebrity cameos and season flashbacks when in reality, all you needed to do was watch the last five minutes to see Carrie "Independence Day" Underwood win the title. It's 15:01 honey, your fame minutes are up. Go stand in line behind all the other Idol superstars if you can find them. Check the unemployment line. (or Paula Abdul's house)

Meanwhile, I watched LOST. I've been a fan of LOST since day 1. (Mainly due to Evangeline Lilly and Emilie de Ravin, but that's not the point) I have been a faithful fan since the very moment this series aired, never missing a day. Come on, this show has a HOBBIT and a washed up Party of Five actor! It has to be good.




All I asked for in a season finally was to find out WHAT'S IN THAT DAMN HATCH! So many things were running through my mind. What if it's some fatal disease? What if it's weapons? It could have been anything. And the two hours that led up to it, which was time much better spent than Idol, kept me on the edge of my seat right up to the last minute.

The cast members blew open the hatch, and at that moment I said out loud to myself. "I'm going to be pissed if it's just a stairway leading down."

...and BINGO was his name-o! Enter one dark, dirty, ladder leading down in to the darkness.

SONOFABITCH!

But if you're curious about those crazy numbers 4815162342 that seem to haunt everyone check out this article.

And so life goes on...