Sunday, January 01, 2006

All good things have sequels...

Like they said in the movie Terminator, "I'll be back..." or as they said in Star Wars Ep. 1, "There are always two; a master and an apprentice."

Well, ever since Episode 1 of the mouse fiasco I've been very anal about keeping my place clean. Not that I was a dirty person, but it freaked me out a little.

So I was cleaning again today and I notice some tiny mouse droppings under my wine rack next to the stove. New. Fresh. Ugh. And the CSI inside of me said those were not there the last time I cleaned just before my Xmas trip.

Long story short, it's a good thing they sell mouse traps in pairs because the second one got a workout tonight. I'll spare you the pictures this time. But I will say that this one fought harder than the last. And like all good sequels, it's got me fired up for a trilogy!

Ok, not really.

But I am asking myself at what point is this going to get totally out of hand? What if there's a horde of thousands under my building? And what if they get pissed off I'm sniping them one by one and they gang kill me in my sleep? I don't have life insurance to cover that!

Seriously though, when do I draw the line? It's not my responsibility to deal with this. I don't mean to sound like a prick but that's why I pay to live in an apartment and not a house. So I don't have to deal with this. I pay someone else to.

All I know is Del 2, Mice 0. That the best you got?

Editors Note: This is not the first criter I've dealt with here. Two summers ago I found this outside my door and almost stepped on it.


Image hosted by Photobucket.com

And they say Dover is boring...