Wednesday, December 21, 2005

The Gift That Keeps On Giving...


I don't even know why I'm posting here when I've got so much shit to do before I leave for the holiday. In a last-ditch effort to actually not get everyone a gift card to some crappy store, I'm heading to the outlets tonight after work.

Long drives to client sites allow for a lot of thinking. My coworker and I were brainstorming for gifts and I mentioned that my folks were taking a cruise for their anniversary next year. So he says, why not theme the gift along those lines? Get them some new luggage, and fill it with stuff you'd use for traveling! (I'm telling you, this guy's a genius.)

So realizing that their current luggage is the old green 1960's hard-cased American Tourister junk, this was a great idea. Actually, I believe the PC term is "vintage". And there just so happens to be a Samsonite outlet here in Delaware. I just have to find some quality items because we all know how luggage is treated at airports:


I know, it's not very personable, but it IS functional and efficient. And that's what I'm all about. Besides, they're getting older, and old people like to have things that roll. It's a proven fact.

Anyways, I'm outta here until after the holiday, so in my best attempt to be non-politically correct and "insensitive";

MERRY CHRISTMAS!