Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Not going anywhere for a while?

So I'm sitting here in the Pittsburgh International Airport waiting for my flight to Baltimore that has been delayed by almost three hours, and I'm laughing at the irony because I could actually drive to Dover by the time my flight lands at BWI and I drive back home. Sad.

One can only people watch so much. One thing that surprises me is the amount of travelers that pamper themselves. I'm sitting across from an XpresSpa. Now, you don't have to tell me how stressful life can be. And you're preaching to the choir if you think I don't understand how good a massage feels. But maybe I'm weird when I say that the last place I want to get a massage, facial, mudbath, or whatever else metrosexuals get, is in a freakin airport.

But I'll be damned if that place isn't pulling in travelers one by one. And it's not just women. I've watched just about the same amount of men stop in for "the treatment" as well. Is this really necessary? I can just imagine how other countries view us as they travel through here.

I don't know about you, but I'm in an airport for one reason; to board a plane. I don't need a peticure. I don't need to do my Christmas shopping. Yes, there's a GAP in here too. It's next to the store of expensive pottery and trinkets. (another thing I wouldn't buy in an airport.)

Man, those people sure do looked relaxed though.

Ugh, another hour until my flight.

Another cramped plane seat next to some big smelly person. Then I have an hour and a half drive from Baltimore. Man, I sure could use a massage...