Sunday, September 17, 2006

A Project Milestone



When I started this little blogging project I intended to follow a few rules.

  1. I would not dedicate too much time to this to allow for other things.
  2. Use the Google philosophy of keeping the page simple.
  3. Possibly extend my network of friends (or imaginary friends).
  4. Remain anonymous so that I could bitch write about whatever I felt like.
  5. Keep it fun.
  6. Reevaluate this project when I arrived at the 10,000 hits mark.
For the most part, I have sort of, kinda, in a round-about way held these statements true.

Coming up within the next week or so this site will most likely hit the 10,000 visitor mark. And now it's time to step back and think.

To continue or not to continue? That is the question.

On one hand, I enjoy blogging - even though I may just be blogging to myself for the most part. I spend a lot of time working on the computer anyway. I will no longer get FIRED if I feel like looking at my blog from work. (I just had to add that.) And it does provide a vehicle for me to vent every now and then.

On the other hand, I am much busier now than when I started this blog. Next month I will be moving and the majority of my free time will focus on that. There are several other hobbies of mine that I'd like to get more involved in, such as photography, biking, kayaking, etc...

I just don't know. There was a time when I looked at posting to this blog as fun, but lately it seems that I look upon it as more of a chore. Something that gets written on a to-do list. But yet, if I stopped, just think of all those Delaware sites that link to me. And I've noticed that I'm on quite a bit of them. (Go me!) It's like I feel obligated to update the blog in case some random person would surf on in via a random link. Such pressure.

I mean come on, I have the top search result for "Delawarean" in Google. Granted most people have their blog titles come up first, but most people don't have a title that represents an entire group of people in the United States of America. Hell, even a Google Image search returns 6 of the first 21 images from my blog! You mean to tell me that in the entire state of Delaware and all that has to do with Delaware being online, countless agencies, organizations, state and local governments, that I get almost 4% of the Google Image results? That IS pressure.

And that violates rule #5.

Whatever the case may be I'm not at 10,000 just yet, so I have a little time to think about it.