Thursday, April 21, 2005

Johnny Mnemonic

This week I've spent sitting in a chair, downloading company information into my brain.


Image hosted by Photobucket.com


I really never imagined that I'd get thrown right into the mix of things. I've got until Tuesday to bring myself up to speed on a project I'm joining that has been in progress for the past two years. Yes, that's right, two years in about 4 days.


On the bright side of things, I'm really enjoying this "work from home" thing. It's very convenient to wake up, grab a shower, and head three feet down the hall to my new makeshift office. Ok, maybe it's more like 4 feet.


Anyway, I'm very impressed at the technology this company has at its disposal. Maybe it's because I'm used to the State agencies, or maybe I'm just out of the loop, but the infrastructure that exists here allows virtually everyone to perform every function of their job from anywhere there's an Internet connection. I'm a tech nerd, so it takes a lot of bells and whistles to impress me. I'm impressed.


In other news, someone told me that I should change my habit of sitting my laptop on my lap and doing my work if I ever want to have children. I smirked at them and responded "why do you think it's there?"